Senior Living in Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Hunlock Creek, PA: 18621
- Hunlock Creek scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hunlock Creek scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercy Special Care Hospital and Clear Brook Lodge).
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fern Wood Manor, Guardian Elder Care Center, and Birchwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 117 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Jean\'s Run Golf Course, Huntsville Golf Club, and Farley\'s Sweet Valley Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Kirby Park, Council Cup Campground, and Red Rock Mountain Campground.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including Five Mountain United Methodist, Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church, and St Mary\'s Rc Church Rectory.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 66 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 43 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,437, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,274, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,650, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hunlock Creek receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Hunlock Creek has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Hunlock Creek has a sparse population density of 140.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hunlock Creek have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Hunlock Creek has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.25%.