Senior Living in Huntington, Vermont
Top zip codes in Huntington, VT: 05462
- Huntington scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Huntington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Vermont State Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sterling House of Richmond, Squire House, and Whitney Hill Homestead.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedar Knoll Country Club (South/North Course at Cedar Knoll Country Club), Country Club of Vermont, and Blush Hill Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Birds of Vermont Museum, Camels Hump State Forest, and Little River State Park.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Community Church of Hunti, Starksboro Baptist Church Parsonage, and Richmond Congregational Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,211, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,710, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,450, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.36%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Huntington receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Huntington has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Huntington has a very sparse population density of 51.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Huntington have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Huntington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.06%.