Senior Living in Hurley, New York
Top zip codes in Hurley, NY: 12443
- Hurley scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Hurley scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kingston Hospital, Benedictine Hospital, and Northern Dutchess Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Hudson Valley Senior Residence, and Mountain Valley Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Wiltwyck Golf Club, Twaalfskill Club, and Green Acres Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Forsyth Nature Center, Wilderstein Historic Site, and Shaupeneak Ridge Park.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue, Ahlstrom Albert, and Abundant Life Tabernacle Upci.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 54 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $96,524, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,813, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,178, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hurley receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hurley has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Hurley has a sparse population density of 212.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hurley have a long daily commute time.
- Hurley has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.93%.