Senior Living in Hyannis, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Hyannis, MA: 02601
- Hyannis scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Hyannis scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cape Cod Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Cape Cod, Pavilion Rehabilitation and Nursing Center , and Maplewood at Mayflower Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 164 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Hyannis Golf Club, Twin Brooks Golf Course, and Hyannisport Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Craigville Beach, Sandy Neck, and The Maple Street Inn.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Federated Church of Hyannis, and Cape Cod Synagogue.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 76 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 69 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,853, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,442, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,587, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.24%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hyannis receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Hyannis has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Hyannis has a dense population density of 1,639.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hyannis have a short daily commute time.
- Hyannis has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.54%.