Senior Living in Hyde, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Hyde, PA: 16843
- Hyde scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Hyde scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Clearfield Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Mountain Laurel Nursing Care and Ridgeview Elder Care and Rehabilitation Center)
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (40% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Grandview Golf Course, Clearfield-Curwensville Country Club, and Gold Course at Treasure Lake Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Curwensville Lake Recreation, Woodland Campground, and S B Elliott State Park.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Bailey Gary B, Clearfield Ch of Nazarene, and St Pauls Lutheran Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $36,263, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $24,408, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,820, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.95%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Hyde receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hyde has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Hyde has a dense population density of 1,646.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hyde have a very short daily commute time.
- Hyde has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 67.88%.