Senior Living in Icard, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Icard, NC: 28666
- Icard scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Icard scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Valdese General Hospital, Valdese General Hospital Inc, and Catawba Valley Medical Center.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Carolina Rehab Center of Burke, College Pines Health & Rehabilitation Center, and Retirement Solutions Limited of NC.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 153 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Mountain Golf Course, Mountain View Golf Club, and Granada Farms Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Glenn C. Hilton, Jr. Memorial Park and Neill W. Clark Jr. Recreation Park).
- There are 108 churches in or near the city, including Mount Hebron Baptist Church, Shoup\'s Grove Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church Hildebran.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 74 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,965, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,007, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $11,815, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,559 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,270 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,765 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Icard receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Icard has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Icard has an average population density of 791.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Icard have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Icard has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.62%.