Senior Living in Indialantic, Florida
Top zip codes in Indialantic, FL: 32903
- Indialantic scores significantly higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Indialantic scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Holmes Regional Medical Center, Healthsouth Sea Pines Rehab, and Wuesthoff Medical Center - Melbourne.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Generations On The Beach, Grandvilla of Melbourne, and Grand Villa of Melbourne.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 234 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Melbourne Municipal Golf Course, Grand Haven Golf Club, and Harbor City Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Erna Nixon Park, Palm Bay Community Center, and Turkey Creek Sanctuary.
- There are 73 churches in or near the city, including Holy Name-Jesus Catholic Chr, Riverside Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church-Indlntc.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 88 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $102,554, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,311, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $44,370, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.20%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Indialantic receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Indialantic has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Indialantic has a dense population density of 3,477.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Indialantic have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Indialantic has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.97%.