Senior Living in Indiana, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Indiana, PA: 15701
- Indiana scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Indiana scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Indiana Regional Medical Center and Torrance State Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Communities at Indian Haven, Moorehead Place, and St. Andrew\'s Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Indiana VFW Country Club, Meadow Lane Golf Course, and Indiana Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Indiana Ice Center, L & M Campgrounds, and Yellow Creek Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Logan John A, and Homer City United Presbyterian.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,366, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,590, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,883, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.03%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Indiana receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Indiana has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Indiana has a sparse population density of 301.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Indiana have a very short daily commute time.
- Indiana has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.31%.