Senior Living in Interlaken, New York
Top zip codes in Interlaken, NY: 14847
- Interlaken scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Interlaken scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including El Dorado Manor, St Marks Terrace Dundee, and Cayuga Ridge.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Trumansburg Golf Club, Bonavista State Golf Club, and Wells College Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Finger Lakes National Forest, Long Point State Park, and Bonavista.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (World Council of Independent Christian Churches and St Patrick\'s Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.80% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,876, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,188, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,670, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.50%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Interlaken receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Interlaken has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Interlaken has a very sparse population density of 61.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Interlaken have an average daily commute time.
- Interlaken has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.75%.