Senior Living in Ipswich, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Ipswich, MA: 01938
- Ipswich scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Ipswich scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baldpate Hospital, Beverly Hospital Corporation, and Anna Jaques Hospital.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St Julie Billart Res Care Center, The Residence at Riverbend, and Elder Services.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 179 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Candlewood Golf Club, Ipswich Country Club, and Turner Hill Golf and Racquet Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Sandy Point State Reservation, Mass Audubon\'s Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary, and Georgetown-Rowley State Forest.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Ascension Memorial Church, First & South Cong Church, and Our Lady of Hope-Rel Ed Ofc.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 106 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 74 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $100,455, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,609, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,494, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.84%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ipswich receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ipswich has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Ipswich has a sparse population density of 432.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ipswich have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Ipswich has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.33%.