Senior Living in Irasburg, Vermont
Top zip codes in Irasburg, VT: 05845
- Irasburg scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Irasburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (North Country Hospital And Health Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Northern Kare Facilities - Maple Lane Nursing Home, Scenic View Community Care Home, and Northern Kare Facilities - Union House Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Newport Country Club, Barton Golf Club, and Barton Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Tree Corners Family Campground, Crystal Lake State Park, and Belview Campground.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Fatima, Glover Barton Friends Meeting, and Bendictine Monastery.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,930, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,979, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,162, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.21%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Irasburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Irasburg has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Irasburg has a very sparse population density of 26.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Irasburg have a short daily commute time.
- Irasburg has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.25%.