Senior Living in Irving, Texas
- Irving scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Irving scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 25 hospitals within close range of the city, including Las Colinas Medical Center, Baylor Medical Center At Irving, and Irving Coppell Surgical Hospital Llp.
- There are 257 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Northgate Plaza Nursing and Rehabilitation , Villages On Mac Arthur, and Avalon Memory Care - Irving.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1098 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Bear Creek Golf Club -East, Las Colinas Country Club, and TPC Four Seasons Resort Las Colinas(Cottonwood Valley Course at TPC Four Seasons Resort Las Colinas .
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Senter Park Recreation Center, T.W. Richardson Grove, and Villages of Bear Creek Park.
- There are 366 churches in or near the city, including Holy Family of Nazareth Catholic Church, Church of Christ Westside, and Irving North Christian Church.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 574 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 50 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 347 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,392, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,949, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,910, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.37%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Irving receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Irving has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Irving has a dense population density of 3,105.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Irving have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Irving has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.91%.