Senior Living in Irwin, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Irwin, PA: 15642
- Irwin scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Irwin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Monsour Medical Center, Jeannette District Mem Hosp, and Upmc Mckeesport.
- There are 99 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Briarcliff Pavilion Health and Rehabilitation Center, Transitions Healthcare North Huntingdon, and Redstone Highlands.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 418 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Irwin Country Club, Carradam Golf Club, and Lincoln Hills Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including White Oak Park, Renziehausen Park, and Bushy Run Battlefield.
- There are 265 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Baptist Church, Immaculate Conception, and St Agnes Church Rectory.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 127 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 145 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,978, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,606, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,653, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.50%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Irwin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Irwin has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Irwin has an average population density of 1,024.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Irwin have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Irwin has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.77%.