Senior Living in Ivoryton, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Ivoryton, CT: 06442
- Ivoryton scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Ivoryton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadowbrook Manor, Essex Meadows Health Center, and Essex Village Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 78 golf courses in or around the city, including Clinton Country Club, Black Hall Club, and Old Lyme Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Florence Griswold Museum, Gillette Castle State Park, and Chatfield Hollow State Park.
- There are 52 churches in or near the city, including All Saints Episcopal Church, First Congregational Church, and Easton George W.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 61 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 51 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $108,689, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $80,689, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,054, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.89%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ivoryton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ivoryton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Ivoryton has an average population density of 823.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ivoryton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Ivoryton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.46%.