Senior Living in Jacksonville, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Jacksonville, AR: 72076
- Jacksonville scores lower than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Jacksonville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including North Metro Medical Center, St Vincent Medical Center/north, and St Vincent Rehab Hospital.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greenbriar Retirement of Jacksonville, Woodland Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation of Jacksonville, and Elmcroft of Sherwood.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Foxwood Country Club, Cypress Creek Course at Cypress Creek Golf Club, and North Hills Country Club.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Splash Zone, Excell Park, and Jacksonville Parks & Recreation Department.
- There are 109 churches in or near the city, including First United Methodist Church, Marshall Road Baptist Church, and Landmark Baptist Church.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,789, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,521, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,582, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,960 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,635 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,726 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.10%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Jacksonville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Jacksonville has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Jacksonville has an average population density of 512.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Jacksonville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Jacksonville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.68%.