Senior Living in Jamesville, New York
Top zip codes in Jamesville, NY: 13078
- Jamesville scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Jamesville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Syracuse Va Medical Center, Richard H Hutchings Psych Ctr, and University Hospital S U N Y Health Science Center.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Nottingham R H C F, Iroquois Nursing Home, and Brighton Towers Apartments.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 184 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 75 golf courses in or around the city, including Pompey Club, The, Country Club of Syracuse, and Butternut Creek Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Clark Reservation State Park, Wild Birds Unlimited, and Burns Garfield Funeral Home Inc..
- There are 117 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Church, Jamesville United Methodist Ch, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 179 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 84 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $114,650, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $87,113, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,921, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.61%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Jamesville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Jamesville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Jamesville has a sparse population density of 253.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Jamesville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Jamesville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.45%.