Senior Living in Jamison, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Jamison, PA: 18929
- Jamison scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Jamison scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Warminster Hospital, Foundations Behavioral Health, and Doylestown Hospital.
- There are 173 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Manor at York Town, The Solana Doylestown, and Masonic Village at Warminster.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 703 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 177 golf courses in or around the city, including Bucks County Country Club, Neshaminy Valley Golf Club, and Bucks County Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Graeme Park, Tyler State Park, and Peace Valley.
- There are 208 churches in or near the city, including Redeemer Lutheran Church, St Cyril of Jerusalem Rectory, and Jehovah\'s Witnesses.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 207 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 258 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $154,517, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $131,250, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $49,754, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.44%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Jamison receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Jamison has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Jamison has an average population density of 1,145.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Jamison have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Jamison has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.54%.