Senior Living in Java Center, New York
Top zip codes in Java Center, NY: 14082
- Java Center scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Java Center scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wyoming County Community Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Cloisters, East Side Nursing Home, and Wyoming County Community Hospital S N F.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Archie\'s Par 3 Golf Course, Byrncliff Resort & Conference Center, and Byrncliff Resort & Conference Center.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Buffalo Audubon Society, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, and Mountain Meadows Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s, O\'Dell William, and St Jude\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,636, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,643, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,460, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Java Center receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Java Center has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Java Center has a very sparse population density of 42.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Java Center have an average daily commute time.
- Java Center has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.23%.