Senior Living in Jenkinjones, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Jenkinjones, WV: 24848
- Jenkinjones scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Jenkinjones scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Welch Community Hospital, Bluefield Regional Medical Center, and St Luke\'s Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including McDowell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Loving Hands Adult Care Center, and Westwood Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Richwood Golf Club, Fincastle Country Club, and Bluefield Elks Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Anawalt Lake Wildlife Management Area, Pocahontas ATV Resort, and Pinnacle Rock State Park.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Webb Frazier H, Bluefield Church of Christ, and First Church of God.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $10,580, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $9,158, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $4,604, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 55.26%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Jenkinjones receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Jenkinjones has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Jenkinjones has a very sparse population density of 19.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Jenkinjones have a very short daily commute time.
- Jenkinjones has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 57.85%.