Senior Living in Jennerstown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Jennerstown, PA: 15547
- Jennerstown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Jennerstown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Somerset Hospital and Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Siemon\'s Lakeview Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, The Heritage at Siemons Lakeview Manor Estate, and Laurel View Village.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Oakbrook Golf Course, Somerset Country Club, and Golf Club at Hidden Valley, The.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Laurel Mountain State Park, Woodland Campsites Inc, and Linn Run State Park.
- There are 59 churches in or near the city, including Laurel Trinity Lutheran, St Andrews Lutheran Church, and All Saints Parish.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,092, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,547, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,790, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.91%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Jennerstown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Jennerstown has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Jennerstown has an average population density of 556.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Jennerstown have a very short daily commute time.
- Jennerstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.67%.