Senior Living in Jessup, Maryland
Top zip codes in Jessup, MD: 20794
- Jessup scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Jessup scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 14 hospitals within close range of the city, including Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center, Laurel Regional Medical Center, and Howard County General Hospital.
- There are 270 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Where We Live Assisted Living Home, Lorien Elkridge, and New Life Assisted Living I.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 710 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 102 golf courses in or around the city, including Timbers At Troy, The, Courses At Fort Meade, The -Parks, and Gunpowder Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Blandair Park, Robinson Nature Center, and Patuxent Research Refuge.
- There are 527 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Assembly of God, Asbury United Methodist Church, and Hurte Robert T.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 359 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 214 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $96,956, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,077, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,255, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.21%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Jessup receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Jessup has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Jessup has an average population density of 1,380.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Jessup have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Jessup has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.14%.