Senior Living in Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Johnstown scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Johnstown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Upmc Lee Regional, Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital, and Windber Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center TCU, The Atrium, and Good Samaritan Nursing Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including North Fork Golf & Tennis Club, Johnstown Municipal Golf Course, and Sunnehanna Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Stackhouse Park, Johnstown Flood National Memorial, and Woodland Park.
- There are 96 churches in or near the city, including St Clare of Assisi, Memorial Baptist Church, and Pleasant Hill Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,870, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,879, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,878, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.46%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Johnstown receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Johnstown has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Johnstown has an average population density of 997.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Johnstown have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Johnstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.06%.