Senior Living in Jones Mills, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Jones Mills, PA: 15646
- Jones Mills scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Jones Mills scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Somerset Hospital and Excela Health Frick Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ruth Nedrow Personal Care Home, Susan\'s Victorian Cottage Personal Care Home, and Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Pike Run Country Club, Seven Springs Mountain Resort, and Donegal Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Laurel Highlands Camplands, Kooser State Park, and Powdermill Nature Reserve.
- There are 53 churches in or near the city, including Critchfield Alliance Church, Stahlstown United Methodist, and Mount Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,443, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,409, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,699, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Jones Mills receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Jones Mills has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Jones Mills has a sparse population density of 163.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Jones Mills have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Jones Mills has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.32%.