Senior Living in Joppa, Maryland
Top zip codes in Joppa, MD: 21085
- Joppa scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Joppa scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and Franklin Square Hospital Center).
- There are 98 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Nichols Senior Care, Everlasting Care, and Lorien Bel Air.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 352 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Mountain Branch Golf Course, Mt. Vista Golf Course, and Winters Run Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Harford Glen Park, Cedar Lane Park, and Marshy Point Nature Center.
- There are 181 churches in or near the city, including Joppatowne Christian Church, Mountain Christian Church, and Towne Baptist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 150 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 112 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,245, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,858, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,191, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.90%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Joppa receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Joppa has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Joppa has an average population density of 902.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Joppa have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Joppa has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.69%.