Senior Living in Jordanville, New York
Top zip codes in Jordanville, NY: 13361
- Jordanville scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Jordanville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Little Falls Housing Authority, Folts Home, and Alpine Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Otsego Golf Club, Meadow Links Golf Course, and Doty\'s Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Cooperstown KOA, Cooperstown Shadow Brook Campground, and Glimmerglass State Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Smith Douglas C, Fords Bush Bible Baptist Ch, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,412, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,435, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,710, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.34%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Jordanville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Jordanville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Jordanville has a very sparse population density of 29.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Jordanville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Jordanville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.91%.