Senior Living in Junedale, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Junedale, PA: 18230
- Junedale scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Junedale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hazleton General Hospital, Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr, and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Manor at St. Luke Village, The Pavilion at St. Luke Village, and Mountain City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 87 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Rock Resort, Sand Springs Golf Course, and Edgewood in the Pines.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Sandy Valley Campground, Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River, and Jim Thorpe Camping Resort.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including Transfiguration Rectory, St Francis of Assisi Church, and Full Gospel Fellowship.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 40 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,698, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,375, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,918, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Junedale receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Junedale has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Junedale has a very sparse population density of 48.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Junedale have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Junedale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 68.49%.