Senior Living in Kansas City, Missouri
- Kansas City scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Kansas City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 23 hospitals within close range of the city, including Truman Medical Center Hospital Hill, Childrens Mercy Hospital, and Western Mo Mental Health Cntr.
- There are 168 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kensington Heights Apartments, Myers Nursing and Convalescent Center, and Campbell Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 646 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 77 golf courses in or around the city, including Rockwood Golf Club, Painted Hills Golf Course, and Timber Ridge Golf Park.
- There are 31 parks near the city center, including Oppenstein Brothers Memorial Park, Blues Park, and Barney Allis Plaza.
- There are 476 churches in or near the city, including St Stephen Baptist Church, St Mary\'s Episcopal Church, and Holy Rosary Catholic Church.
- There are 40 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 304 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 26 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 162 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.63% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,957, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,837, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,929, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,770 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $59,860 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.61%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kansas City receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Kansas City has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Kansas City has a dense population density of 2,106.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kansas City have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Kansas City has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.03%.