Senior Living in Katonah, New York
Top zip codes in Katonah, NY: 10536
- Katonah scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Katonah scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Four Winds Hospital, Northern Westchester Hospital, and Hudson Valley Hospital Center.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Stone Manor Twin La, The Country House In Westchester, and Salem Hills Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 210 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 166 golf courses in or around the city, including East Hill Course at Heritage Hills of Westchester Country Club, Anglebrook Golf Club, and Mohansic Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Lasdon Park, Arboretum & Veterans Memorial, Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park, and Donald J. Trump.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Church of the Good Shepherd, St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, and Yorktown Jewish Ctr.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 119 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 140 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $205,235, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $143,000, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $66,548, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.39%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Katonah receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Katonah has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Katonah has a sparse population density of 419.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Katonah have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Katonah has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.01%.