Senior Living in Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Kaukauna, WI: 54130
- Kaukauna scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Kaukauna scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Appleton Med Ctr and St Elizabeth Hsptl).
- There are 72 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St Paul Elder Services, Atrium Post Acute Care of Little Chute, and Kindered Hearts.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 167 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Fox Valley Golf Club, Countryside Golf Club, and Irish Waters Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Gardens of the Fox Cities, Telulah Park, and Highview Park.
- There are 98 churches in or near the city, including St Aloysius Catholic Church, St Mary\'S-Kaukauna, and Holy Cross-Kaukauna.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 60 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,025, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,118, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,050, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,018 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.04%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kaukauna receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Kaukauna has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Kaukauna has a sparse population density of 314.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kaukauna have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Kaukauna has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.81%.