Senior Living in Kearny, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Kearny, NJ: 07032
- Kearny scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Kearny scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 81 hospitals within close range of the city, including West Hudson Hospital, Saint James Hospital, and Mt Carmel Behavioral System.
- There are 314 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alaris Health at Kearny, Alaris Health at Belgrove, and New Vista Nursing and Rehabilitation Center!.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4762 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 203 golf courses in or around the city, including Hendricks Field Golf Course, Forest Hill Field Club, and Weequahic Park Golf Course.
- There are 47 parks near the city center, including Laurel Hill Park, Lincoln Park, and Statue of Liberty National Monument.
- There are 1814 churches in or near the city, including St Cecilia\'s Church, St Stephen\'s Church, and Our Lady of Sorrows.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3043 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 247 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1166 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,412, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,343, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,582, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.56%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kearny receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Kearny has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Kearny has a dense population density of 4,635.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kearny have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Kearny has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.91%.