Senior Living in Kelayres, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Kelayres, PA: 18231
- Kelayres scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Kelayres scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hazleton General Hospital, Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr, and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mountain City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, The Manor at St. Luke Village, and The Pavilion at St. Luke Village.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Rock Resort, Valley Country Club, and Sugarloaf Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Tuscarora State Park, Moyers Grove Campground, and Sandy Valley Campground.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including All Saints Church, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and Full Gospel Fellowship.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $44,940, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,357, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,748, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.98%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kelayres receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Kelayres has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Kelayres has an average population density of 539.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kelayres have a short daily commute time.
- Kelayres has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.28%.