Senior Living in Kendall, New York
Top zip codes in Kendall, NY: 14476
- Kendall scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Kendall scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lakeside Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Emeritus at Landing of Brockport, Lakeside Beikirch Care Center, and Tender Loving Family Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Ozzie\'s Corner Golf Course, Emerald / Witch Course at Deerfield Country Club, and Cardinal Creek Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Hamlin Beach State Park, Oak Orchard Marine Park, and Lakeside State Park.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Concordia Lutheran Church, Kendall United Methodist Chr, and St Mark\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.12% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of property value, which is significantly higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,822, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,384, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,731, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.86%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kendall receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Kendall has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Kendall has a very sparse population density of 92.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kendall have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Kendall has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.66%.