Senior Living in Kenefic, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Kenefic, OK: 74748
- Kenefic scores higher than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Kenefic scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Medical Center Of Southeastern Oklahoma).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Blue River Healthcare, Inc., Four Seasons Rehabilitation and Care, and Brookdale Durant.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Durant Country Club, Tishomingo Golf Course, and Lake Texoma State Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Texoma Shores RV Resort, Tishomingo National Wildlife Refuge, and Newberry Creek Resort & Marina.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Temple, Pentecostal Church of God, and First Church of Nazarene.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $40,742, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,929, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,990, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 20.69%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kenefic receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Kenefic has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Kenefic has a very sparse population density of 16.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kenefic have a short daily commute time.
- Kenefic has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.29%.