Senior Living in Kenilworth, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Kenilworth, NJ: 07033
- Kenilworth scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Kenilworth scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 33 hospitals within close range of the city, including Union Hospital, Children\'s Specialized Hosp, and Trinitas Regional Medical Center.
- There are 177 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cranford Rehab and Nursing Center, Cornell Hall Care and Rehabilitation Center, and Roselle Senior Citizen Housing.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1758 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 154 golf courses in or around the city, including Suburban Golf Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Galloping Hill Golf Course, and Hyatt Hills Golf Course.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including South Mountain Reservation, Watchung Reservation, and Freshkills Park.
- There are 819 churches in or near the city, including St Theresa\'s Church, Kenilworth United Methodist, and Church of the Assumption.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1142 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 42 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 402 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,137, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $81,969, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,519, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.41%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kenilworth receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Kenilworth has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Kenilworth has a dense population density of 3,669.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kenilworth have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Kenilworth has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.96%.