Senior Living in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Kennett Square, PA: 19348
- Kennett Square scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Kennett Square scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jennersville Regional Hospital, Brandywine Hospital, and Coatesville Va Medical Center.
- There are 88 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crosslands, Friends Home In Kennett, and Kendal at Longwood.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 449 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 109 golf courses in or around the city, including Kennett Square Golf & Country Club, Loch Nairn Golf Club, and Hartefeld National Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Longwood Gardens, Mt Cuba Center, and White Clay Creek Preserve.
- There are 284 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Episcopal Church of the Advent, and St Patrick\'s Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 173 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 199 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $128,458, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $90,631, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $47,312, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.81%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kennett Square receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Kennett Square has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Kennett Square has an average population density of 600.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kennett Square have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Kennett Square has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.73%.