Senior Living in Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Kenosha scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Kenosha scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including United Hsptl Sys, St Catherine\'s Hospital, and Aurora Med Ctr Kenosha.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Serenity Home Health Care LLC, Parkside Manor, and Frontida Assisted Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 182 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 96 golf courses in or around the city, including Big Oaks Golf Club, Maplecrest Country Club, and Petrifying Springs Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Library Park, Washington Park, and Happy Acres Kampground.
- There are 139 churches in or near the city, including St Therese Church, St Mark Catholic Church, and Bethany Lutheran Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 101 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 63 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.08% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,020, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,104, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,238, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.93%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kenosha receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Kenosha has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Kenosha has a dense population density of 2,793.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kenosha have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Kenosha has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.00%.