Senior Living in Kensington, Maryland
Top zip codes in Kensington, MD: 20895
- Kensington scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Kensington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 28 hospitals within close range of the city, including National Naval Medical Center, Suburban Hospital, and Warren G Magnuson Clin Ctr.
- There are 285 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arden Courts of Kensington, Kensington Park Senior Living Community, and Kensington Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1385 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Columbia Country Club, Chevy Chase Club, and Woodmont Country Club -North.
- There are 39 parks near the city center, including Woodend Sanctuary, Brookside Gardens, and Rock Creek Park.
- There are 1345 churches in or near the city, including Temple Emanuel, Christ Episcopal Church, and First Baptist Church Kengar.
- There are 31 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 819 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 56 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 416 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $137,581, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $111,886, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $51,834, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.05%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kensington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Kensington has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Kensington has a dense population density of 4,683.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kensington have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Kensington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.40%.