Senior Living in Kent, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Kent, CT: 06757
- Kent scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Kent scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Sharon Hospital and New Milford Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morning Star Retirement Home, The Kent, LTD, and Sharon Health Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (40% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Waramaug Country Club, Sharon Country Club, The, and Harlem Valley Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Macedonia Brook State Park, Kent Falls State Park, and Mount Bushnell State Park.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including St Andrew\'s Church Kent, Sacred Heart Rectory, and St Joseph\'s Episcopal Chapel.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $107,729, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,515, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,820, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.03%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kent receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Kent has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Kent has a very sparse population density of 65.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kent have an average daily commute time.
- Kent has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.20%.