Senior Living in Kent, New York
Top zip codes in Kent, NY: 14477
- Kent scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Kent scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lakeside Memorial Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Villages of Orleans Health and Rehab Center, Lakeside Beikirch Care Center, and Emeritus at Landing of Brockport.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Harbour Pointe Country Club, Ricci Meadows Golf Course, and Pap- Pap\'s Par 3.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Oak Orchard Marine Park, Lakeside State Park, and Hamlin Beach State Park.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Kendall United Methodist Chr, Concordia Lutheran Church, and St Mark\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.12% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of property value, which is significantly higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,758, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,253, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.17%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kent receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Kent has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Kent has a very sparse population density of 66.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kent have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Kent has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.53%.