Senior Living in Kents Hill, Maine
Top zip codes in Kents Hill, ME: 04349
- Kents Hill scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Kents Hill scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Winthrop Manor Long Term Care and Rehab Center, Balsam House, and Heritage Rehabilitation and Living Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Springbrook Golf Club, Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, and Sandy River Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Riverbend Campground, Round Top Trailhead, and Beaver Brook Campground.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including Fayette Baptist Church, Child Evangelism Fellowship of Western Maine, and Church of Nazarene.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,533, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,853, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,652, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.59%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kents Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Kents Hill has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Kents Hill has a very sparse population density of 39.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kents Hill have a very long daily commute time.
- Kents Hill has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.87%.