Senior Living in Kinderhook, New York
Top zip codes in Kinderhook, NY: 12106
- Kinderhook scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Kinderhook scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, High Pointe at Chatham Senior Apartments, and Louis F Payn Foundation.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Winding Brook Country Club, Meadowgreens Golf Course, and Island\'s End Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Martin Van Buren National Historic Site, Hudson River Islands, and Schodack Island State Park.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Ward Henry J, Albany Teen Challenge, and Grace United Methodist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.36% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,612, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,028, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,807, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.09%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kinderhook receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Kinderhook has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Kinderhook has a sparse population density of 150.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kinderhook have an average daily commute time.
- Kinderhook has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.40%.