Senior Living in Kingsley, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Kingsley, PA: 18826
- Kingsley scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Kingsley scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Montrose General Hospital and Endless Mountain Hlth Systems).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Samuel J Bailey Apartments, Meadow View Senior Living Center, LLC., and Lithia Valley Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakeland Golf Club, Stone Hedge Country Club, and Scranton Canoe Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Shore Forest Campground, Shady Rest Campground, and Salt Springs Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Acre Lake Baptist Church, St Patrick\'s Church, and Nicholson United Methodist Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,809, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,417, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,725, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.01%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kingsley receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Kingsley has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Kingsley has a very sparse population density of 41.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kingsley have a long daily commute time.
- Kingsley has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.80%.