Senior Living in Kingsport, Tennessee
- Kingsport scores higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Kingsport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wellmont Holston Valley Medical Center, Indian Path Medical Center, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookhaven Manor, Holston Manor, and Indian Path Medical Center .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 109 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Crockett\'s Ridge, Warrior\'s Path State Park Golf Course, and Cattails At Meadowview Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Borden Park, Kingsport Parks & Recreation, and Domtar Park.
- There are 108 churches in or near the city, including New Life Church of God, Christian Life Ctr, and Bethel Apostolic Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 59 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,014, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,186, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,931, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,970 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.05%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kingsport receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Kingsport has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Kingsport has an average population density of 943.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kingsport have a very short daily commute time.
- Kingsport has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.78%.