Senior Living in Kingston, New York
Top zip codes in Kingston, NY: 12401
- Kingston scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Kingston scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kingston Hospital, Benedictine Hospital, and Northern Dutchess Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hudson Valley Senior Residence, Golden Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Mountain Valley Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Wiltwyck Golf Club, Twaalfskill Club, and Green Acres Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Forsyth Nature Center, Wilderstein Historic Site, and Shaupeneak Ridge Park.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Tabernacle Upci, Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue, and Ahlstrom Albert.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 54 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 53 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,554, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,503, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,538, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.89%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kingston receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Kingston has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Kingston has an average population density of 599.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kingston have a short daily commute time.
- Kingston has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.09%.