Senior Living in Kingston, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Kingston, PA: 18704
- Kingston scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Kingston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wilkes-barre General Hospital, Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, and Clear Brook Manor.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including River Run Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Keystone Adult Day Care, and Tiffany Court at Kingston.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 242 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Hollenback Golf Club, Huntsville Golf Club, and Wilkes-Barre Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kirby Park, Frances Slocum State Park, and Seven Tubs Nature Area.
- There are 115 churches in or near the city, including St Hedwig\'s Catholic Church, St Ignatius Church, and Westmoor Church of Christ.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 93 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 78 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,838, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,438, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,897, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.27%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kingston receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Kingston has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Kingston has a dense population density of 3,118.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kingston have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Kingston has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.59%.