Senior Living in Kissimmee, Florida
- Kissimmee scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Kissimmee scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Osceola Regional Medical Center, St Cloud Regional Medical Center, and Heart Of Florida Regional Medical Center.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Creekside, Good Samaritan Home Health, and Good Samaritan Society-Kissimmee Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 225 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including Kissimmee Golf Club, Kissimmee Oaks Golf Club, and Falcon\'s Fire Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Orange Grove Campround and RV Park, Osceola Heritage Park, and Orlando / Kissimmee KOA.
- There are 54 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ of Kissimmee, Catholic Church-Holy Redeemer, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 147 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,227, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,953, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,893, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,119 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.47%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kissimmee receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Kissimmee has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Kissimmee has a dense population density of 1,626.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kissimmee have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Kissimmee has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.27%.