Senior Living in Knightdale, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Knightdale, NC: 27545
- Knightdale scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Knightdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wakemed, Raleigh Campus, Holly Hill/ Charter Behavioral, and Wake Cnty Alcoholism Treat Ctr.
- There are 76 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wellington Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Gracie Sturdivant Care Home, and The Haven at Waterford Landing.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 482 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including River Ridge Golf Club, Raleigh Country Club, and Wendell Country Club.
- There are 35 parks near the city center, including Knightdale Community Pool & Clubhouse, Anderson Point Park, and Bill Plemmons RV World, Raleigh.
- There are 311 churches in or near the city, including Faith Baptist Church, Bethlehem Baptist Church, and Good Hope Baptist Church.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 198 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,255, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,041, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,831, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,650 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.17%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Knightdale receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Knightdale has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Knightdale has an average population density of 793.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Knightdale have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Knightdale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.94%.