Senior Living in Knox, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Knox, PA: 16232
- Knox scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Knox scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Upmc Northwest, Clarion Hospital, and Clarion Psychiatric Center.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland Oaks, Golden LivingCenter - Shippenville, and Liberty Towers.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Eighteen Course at Hi-Level Golf Course, Clarion Oaks Golf Club, and Foxburg Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Colwell\'s Campground, Rustic Acres RV Resort and Campground, and Clarion County Park.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Clarion Church of Nazarene and Kennerdale Church of God).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.20% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,254, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,114, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,219, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.21%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Knox receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Knox has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Knox has a very sparse population density of 75.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Knox have a short daily commute time.
- Knox has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.30%.