Senior Living in Koppel, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Koppel, PA: 16136
- Koppel scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Koppel scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ellwood City Hospital, Heritage Valley Beaver, and St Francis Hosp Of New Castle.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Katera\'s Kove Personal Care & Secured Dementia Community, Trinity Oaks Care Center, and Elmcroft of Chippewa.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 126 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 104 golf courses in or around the city, including Stonecrest Golf Course, Del-Mar Golf Course, and Olde Stonewall Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Bradys Run County Park, Boy Scouts Camp Baker, and Crawford\'s Camping Park.
- There are 72 churches in or near the city, including Queen of Heaven Roman Catholic, Second Baptist Church, and Davis Todd M.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 42 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,044, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,583, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,105, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.90%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Koppel receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Koppel has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Koppel has an average population density of 1,086.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Koppel have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Koppel has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.36%.