Senior Living in Kuna, Idaho
Top zip codes in Kuna, ID: 83634
- Kuna scores higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- Kuna scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Alphonsus Regional Medical Center).
- There are 92 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Safe Haven Assisted Living Home of Kuna, Copper Springs Senior Living, and Aspen Transitional Rehab.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 154 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (13% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Boise Ranch Golf Course, Indian Lakes Golf Club, and Falcon Crest Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Bernie Fisher PARK, Five Mile Farm & Greenhouse, and Shootin Spot.
- There are 140 churches in or near the city, including Kuna Church of Nazarene, First Baptist of Kuna, and Kuna Life Ctr.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 86 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,135, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,595, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,568, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,915 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $35,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.01%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Kuna receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Kuna has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Kuna has a sparse population density of 163.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kuna have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Kuna has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.56%.